Saudi producer steps back on initial March PP, PE to Egypt
According to players’ reports, the producer’s new prices indicate $20/ton decreases for PE and $50/ton decreases for PP from early March levels.
Price wise, offer levels stand at $1190/ton for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, at $1220/ton for HDPE B/M, $1240/ton for HDPE injection, $1260/ton for HDPE pipe , $990/ton for PP film and fibre, $960/ton for raffia and injection, $1040-1060/ton for PPBC injection, $1140/ton for PPRC injection and at $1200/ton for PPRC pipe (type 3) on a CIF, 90 days basis.
A converter reported, “A major Saudi Arabian producer stepped back on their initial offer levels while the process of opening letters of credit at banks has become relatively easier. However, banks are still failing to fully cover the market’s foreign currency needs so we still have to turn to the black market to meet our needs. Regarding the next month, we anticipate the firming trend to continue.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months