Saudi producers’ operating rates improve on Aramco’s supply reassurance
Improving production rates came in line with Saudi Aramco’s announcement on the process of restoring oil output yesterday. The news eased off supply woes and caused oil prices to erase the half of their Monday spike.
Accordingly, the shortage rate in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation’s (SABIC) feedstock supply has been lowered from 49% to 30%. Tasnee also reported that the 41% shortage in feedstock supply has improved to approximately 25%.
Yanbu National Petrochemical Company’s (Yansab) feedstock shortage is now hovering at around 17% from 30% on September 16. The feedstock shortage at Advanced Petrochemical Company (APC) has been down to 20% from a 40% partial curtailment.
All four petrochemical companies stated that they will fully return to normal operation rates by the end of this month in accordance with resuming oil production rates in the country. Furthermore, they are continuing to work on evaluating the final effects of the incident to determine the financial impact.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year