Saudi producers’ operating rates improve on Aramco’s supply reassurance
Improving production rates came in line with Saudi Aramco’s announcement on the process of restoring oil output yesterday. The news eased off supply woes and caused oil prices to erase the half of their Monday spike.
Accordingly, the shortage rate in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation’s (SABIC) feedstock supply has been lowered from 49% to 30%. Tasnee also reported that the 41% shortage in feedstock supply has improved to approximately 25%.
Yanbu National Petrochemical Company’s (Yansab) feedstock shortage is now hovering at around 17% from 30% on September 16. The feedstock shortage at Advanced Petrochemical Company (APC) has been down to 20% from a 40% partial curtailment.
All four petrochemical companies stated that they will fully return to normal operation rates by the end of this month in accordance with resuming oil production rates in the country. Furthermore, they are continuing to work on evaluating the final effects of the incident to determine the financial impact.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China