Saudi producers reveal Oct PP, PE prices to Algeria and Tunisia
A Saudi major largely rolled over its prices for Tunisia from September to bring them to €1100-1120/ton for PP inj. and raffia, €1030/ton for LLDPE c4 film, €1050-1060/ton for LDPE film, and €1130-1160/ton for HDPE film on CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
"Supplies are comfortable while demand remains muted. Buyers are still cautious and holding back their purchases as prices are deemed high," commented a source.
In Algeria, a distributor reported that the Saudi major has decreased its PP and LLDPE c4 film offers by $30/ton, HDPE film offers by $10/ton, and LDPE film offers by $50/ton.
Accordingly, the producer’s latest offers stood at $1170/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1250/ton for LDPE film, $1320/ton for HDPE film, $1360/ton for PP film, and at $1320/ton for PP inj. and raffia, all on a CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The distributor also reported receiving new offers from a different Saudi producer at $1300/ton for PP raffia and inj., $1150/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1220/ton for LDPE film, and $1290/ton for HDPE film, with the same terms.
"The new offers came in line with our expectations. Trading activity is very slow, while supply availability is good," the distributor stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?