Saudi raffia breaks below $1000 in China
A trader reported that they received homo-PP raffia offers from two different Saudi producers at $980/ton and $990/ton CIF China, cash.
Another Chinese trader also informed that they received offers at $970/ton CIF, cash for Saudi raffia.
Overall, Saudi Arabian homo-PP raffia cargoes are currently priced at $970-1010/ton on CIF China, cash basis.
Upon this development, a trader in Indonesia commented, “We think that PP prices in Southeast Asia may witness additional losses since offers in China are already standing at $970/ton CIF.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets