Saudi raffia breaks below $1000 in China
A trader reported that they received homo-PP raffia offers from two different Saudi producers at $980/ton and $990/ton CIF China, cash.
Another Chinese trader also informed that they received offers at $970/ton CIF, cash for Saudi raffia.
Overall, Saudi Arabian homo-PP raffia cargoes are currently priced at $970-1010/ton on CIF China, cash basis.
Upon this development, a trader in Indonesia commented, “We think that PP prices in Southeast Asia may witness additional losses since offers in China are already standing at $970/ton CIF.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November