Saudi's SABIC Q3 net profit down on falling prices, sales
The company’s net profit declined to 5.22 billion riyals ($1.39 billion) in the July-September period, down from 5.60 billion riyals ($1.49 billion) in the same period of last year.
Analysts had been expecting a quarterly profit of 5.05 million riyals ($1.34 million) on average, according to a survey by Reuters.
SABIC’s profit was negatively affected by the decreasing product prices and lower sales volumes. Lower oil prices and slower global economic growth also affected the company’s Q3 results due to the use of its products in areas such as the manufacturing of consumer goods, agriculture, industry and construction.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets track opposite directions in September
- European PVC pricing offers mixed bag for September
- China’s PP and PE downfall continues despite reduced run rates
- Impending Indian duties, holidays cloud Asian PVC outlook