Saudi suppliers reveal September PP, PE offers to N. Africa
A converter operating in Tunisia reported receiving new PE prices from a major Saudi producer with rollovers to €20/ton decreases over August at €1120/ton for PP inj. raffia, €1030/ton for LLDPE c4 film, €1050/ton for LDPE film, and at €1160/ton for HDPE film on CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Demand is very limited and our purchases have been hindered by the unfavorable foreign exchange rates. We believe that lower deals are achievable," noted the converter.
A trader operating in Morocco reported receiving €10-40/ton discounts from another Saudi producer. The producer’s latest offers now stand at €1110/ton for PP inj. and raffia, €1125/ton for PP fibre, €1040/ton for LDPE film, €1110/ton for HDPE film and b/m, and €1300/ton for HDPE pipe (100) black, all on a CIF Casablanca, Morocco, 90 days basis.
As for Algeria, the Saudi major announced its new offers for September with rollovers from its initial August levels at $1350/ton for PP raffia and inj., $1390/ton for PP film, $1520/ton for PPBC inj., $1200/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1290/ton for LDPE film, and $1330/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF Algeria, 90 days basis.
Meanwhile, a trader operating in Algeria reported that two different Saudi producers announced new PPRC and PPBC inj., and LDPE film offers respectively at $1400/ton, $1390/ton, and $1280/ton on CIF Algeria, 90 days.
The trader also reported receiving LDPE film offers from a Middle Eastern supplier at $1260/ton and reported adequate supplies in the market. “Demand has started improve after the Eid holiday; however, the overall buying interest remains disappointing," added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?