Saudi trader: Polymer demand is high
According to the trader, two other local Saudi producers are also experiencing shutdowns at their PP lines and therefore, overall availability is very limited in the country’s PP market. “Apart from the supply issues, overall buying interest is very good. Players started to think that prices have hit the bottom and are likely to rebound over the near term. Plus, the majority of producers have stopped offering to the market and they are just meeting their previous obligations. These producers, thinking that prices will see an upward revision in March, are refraining from giving fresh offers,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets