Second S.Korean ABS producer reveals hefty drops in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Another South Korean ABS producer already pioneered three-digit decreases for January in the previous week. A trader received $100-150/ton drops for natural and colored grades from their supplier. “Even if we obtain an additional discount from our supplier, we will not buy more than a small quantity as the year end is nearing and demand is quite thin,” he stated.
In the spite of firmer spot styrene costs in Asia over the week, players in the ABS market kept their weak expectations as feedstock costs still represent significant drops from early December. A trader reported that he did not ask for any prices from their South Korean supplier but he voiced his ABS natural buy ideas as low as $1550-1580/ton CIF for this origin.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June