Second S.Korean ABS producer reveals hefty drops in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Another South Korean ABS producer already pioneered three-digit decreases for January in the previous week. A trader received $100-150/ton drops for natural and colored grades from their supplier. “Even if we obtain an additional discount from our supplier, we will not buy more than a small quantity as the year end is nearing and demand is quite thin,” he stated.
In the spite of firmer spot styrene costs in Asia over the week, players in the ABS market kept their weak expectations as feedstock costs still represent significant drops from early December. A trader reported that he did not ask for any prices from their South Korean supplier but he voiced his ABS natural buy ideas as low as $1550-1580/ton CIF for this origin.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic