Seller slashes PP, PE prices to Kenya, Tanzania
The seller commented, “Our supplier was holding offers firm and applying a ‘take it or leave it’ policy, but this week they have agreed to discounts.” He also noted that the producer had been in line with other Middle Eastern offers at the start of August, but that lower prices were seen later in the month as the markets came under pressure from competitive Asian origins.
Offers for Middle Eastern HDPE film are at $1400/ton, HDPE bm at $1410/ton, LDPE film at $1410-1440/ton, and LLDPE c4 film at $1380-1400/ton. Offers are based on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days and CFR Dar es Salam, United Republic of Tanzania.
For PP, the trader offers raffia grade at $1230/ton, PPBC injection at $1280-1350/ton and PPRC injection at $1400-1460/ton with the same terms.
Asian offers remain competitive, however, as the trader also offers Malaysian PP raffia and injection at $1150/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September