Sentiment for import ABS firms up in Turkey
However, expectations have started to call for a trend shift for July mainly due to the fact that freight rates from South Korea have climbed and ABS prices have turned up in China over the week. Turkish players are now voicing their firmer expectations regarding next month.
“Freight rates from Korea have risen from around $70/ton to almost $130-150/ton. ABS shipments from the country are likely to see some delays as it is hard to reserve space nowadays,” players confirmed. Sellers are projected to apply increases citing their higher shipment costs, although spot butadiene costs that stood below $850/ton FOB Korea may keep any hike attempts in check.
South Korean ABS natural injection was last dealt at $1650-1670/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty in June. Overall activity is considered limited ahead of the Eid Holiday, while traders argue that supply will probably tighten by early July once players return.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand