Sentiment for import ABS firms up in Turkey
However, expectations have started to call for a trend shift for July mainly due to the fact that freight rates from South Korea have climbed and ABS prices have turned up in China over the week. Turkish players are now voicing their firmer expectations regarding next month.
“Freight rates from Korea have risen from around $70/ton to almost $130-150/ton. ABS shipments from the country are likely to see some delays as it is hard to reserve space nowadays,” players confirmed. Sellers are projected to apply increases citing their higher shipment costs, although spot butadiene costs that stood below $850/ton FOB Korea may keep any hike attempts in check.
South Korean ABS natural injection was last dealt at $1650-1670/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty in June. Overall activity is considered limited ahead of the Eid Holiday, while traders argue that supply will probably tighten by early July once players return.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness