Sept Middle Eastern PP, PE prices surface stable to firm in Kenya
A converter operating in Nairobi stated that a Saudi producer lifted its September PE prices by $10-20/ton for LDPE film, $20/ton for HDPE film and $40/ton for LLDPE c4 film while PP offers were mostly steady on the month.
The producer’s new levels stand at $1280-1290/ton for LDPE film, $1160/ton HDPE film, $1240/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1100/ton for homo PP raffia and inj., all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis. The buyer added, “Even though demand is still calm, we think that players will return to the market to replenish their stocks ahead of the elections that will take place in October.”
A different converter also confirmed higher offers from the Middle East for September, adding, “We are not willing to make any purchases now as we are confused about the impacts of the ban on plastic bags.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE rally wavers in Türkiye; March outlook under discussion
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom