September MEG contracts nominated in Asia
Shell announced its new contract price at $1030/ton CFR Asia, up $40/ton from August. Sabic nominated its new MEG contracts at $1010/ton CFR, up $30/ton from the previous month.
Previously, MEGlobal nominated its September MEG contracts at $1030/ton CFR, up $50/ton from August.
In Asia, spot MEG prices were last reported at around $845/ton on a CFR China basis, mostly flat on the week but down $35/ton from early August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe