September butadiene contracts nominated in US
Previously, ExxonMobil had announced its September contract at 45 cents/lb ($992/ton), up 4 cents/lb ($88/ton) from August while LyondellBasell nominated its contract at 44 cents/lb ($970/ton), up 3 cents/lb ($66/ton) from August.
Shell Chemicals, meanwhile, nominated its September butadiene contract with an increase of $66/ton (3 cents/lb) from its latest August nomination at $860/ton (39 cents/lb).
Market expectations had been calling for a rollover to slight increase from August for September butadiene contracts due to weak demand and lower spot prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years