September butadiene contracts nominated in US
Previously, ExxonMobil had announced its September contract at 45 cents/lb ($992/ton), up 4 cents/lb ($88/ton) from August while LyondellBasell nominated its contract at 44 cents/lb ($970/ton), up 3 cents/lb ($66/ton) from August.
Shell Chemicals, meanwhile, nominated its September butadiene contract with an increase of $66/ton (3 cents/lb) from its latest August nomination at $860/ton (39 cents/lb).
Market expectations had been calling for a rollover to slight increase from August for September butadiene contracts due to weak demand and lower spot prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS