Several PX turnarounds planned in Asia
Sources also stated that South Korea’s Samsung will also shut its PX plant in July 2015 for a planned maintenance which is expected to last around two months. The plant is able to produce 1 million tons/year of PX.
In addition to shutdowns in South Korea, China’s Dragon Aromatics also plans to shut its PX plant for a turnaround. The plant has a production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year and is expected to be offline for around 20-25 days.
Meanwhile, Japan’s Mizushima Aromatics shut its PX plant at the end of January for maintenance. The shutdown is expected to last approximately 1-1.5 months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September