Shell, Iran’s NPC sign MOU for petrochemical cooperation
Marziyeh Shahdaei, Iran’s Deputy Oil Minister and CEO of NPC, stated that a development program has been created by the companies, according to Iran’s official news agency, Shana.
"Our mission is to increase capacity from over 60 million tons/year in 2016 to 100 million tons/year in 2020 and then to about 160 million tons/year in 2025," he also added. No further details were given regarding the content of the projects.
The MOU gives both companies the opportunity to collaborate in the chemicals sector.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe