Shell, Iran’s NPC sign MOU for petrochemical cooperation
Marziyeh Shahdaei, Iran’s Deputy Oil Minister and CEO of NPC, stated that a development program has been created by the companies, according to Iran’s official news agency, Shana.
"Our mission is to increase capacity from over 60 million tons/year in 2016 to 100 million tons/year in 2020 and then to about 160 million tons/year in 2025," he also added. No further details were given regarding the content of the projects.
The MOU gives both companies the opportunity to collaborate in the chemicals sector.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian styrene prices rebound on increased demand, short-covering
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner