Shell, SABIC announce Feb MEG contracts in Asia
SABIC’s latest nomination was $90/ton higher from January, while Shell’s nomination indicated a larger increase of $120/ton. MEGlobal’s February MEG contract stands at $740/ton CFR Asia, up by $40/ton from its January nomination, meanwhile.
Spot MEG prices in Asia were last reported at around $590/ton CFR China, up by $65/ton from late December, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply