Shell agrees to buy BG Group for $70 billion
In the press release, Shell stated that it aims to increase its growth in liquefied gas and deep water exploration via the acquisition. In addition, the acquisition reportedly will add around 25% to Shell’s oil and gas reserves and 20% to production and provide Shell with enhanced positions in competitive new oil and gas projects, particularly in the Australia LNG and Brazil deep water segments. The oil major also targets to increase its competitiveness in gas markets against rivals like ExxonMobil.
In addition, Shell also reported that they are planning to increase asset sales to $30 billion in the period of 2016-2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use