Shell and CNOOC to expand their JV in China
Once the expansion is completed, the complex’s ethylene capacity is expected to double to around 2 million tons/year.
Market sources also reported that CNOOC has already begun construction of a new petrochemical complex as part of its Huizhou Phase 2 expansion project while the new facility is expected to begin commercial runs within two years. The projects also include 13 downstream petrochemical units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed