Shell and CNOOC to expand their JV in China
Once the expansion is completed, the complex’s ethylene capacity is expected to double to around 2 million tons/year.
Market sources also reported that CNOOC has already begun construction of a new petrochemical complex as part of its Huizhou Phase 2 expansion project while the new facility is expected to begin commercial runs within two years. The projects also include 13 downstream petrochemical units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?