Shell decides to move forward with US petchem site
The company will build an ethane cracker with a capacity of 1.5 million tons/year of ethylene and three PE units with a combined production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year and will secure ethane feedstock from the nearby Marcellus and Utica shale formations. Construction work is expected to begin in 18 months and the new site is expected to begin commercial production early in the next decade.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high