Shell faces outage at Pernis facility after fire
The company informed the public that they suspended loadings of oil products from the Pernis refinery and most of units/factories have been taken offline safely and repair works still continue. Pernis houses Europe’s largest refinery, which is able to process 404,000 barrels of oil per day.
The company was not available for any information regarding the extent of the damage and the restart date of the production units at the time of publication, according to media reports.
Regional players expect to see the impact of this refinery shutdown on aromatics, particularly on benzene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm