Shell faces outage at Pernis facility after fire
The company informed the public that they suspended loadings of oil products from the Pernis refinery and most of units/factories have been taken offline safely and repair works still continue. Pernis houses Europe’s largest refinery, which is able to process 404,000 barrels of oil per day.
The company was not available for any information regarding the extent of the damage and the restart date of the production units at the time of publication, according to media reports.
Regional players expect to see the impact of this refinery shutdown on aromatics, particularly on benzene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient