Shell faces outage at Pernis facility after fire
The company informed the public that they suspended loadings of oil products from the Pernis refinery and most of units/factories have been taken offline safely and repair works still continue. Pernis houses Europe’s largest refinery, which is able to process 404,000 barrels of oil per day.
The company was not available for any information regarding the extent of the damage and the restart date of the production units at the time of publication, according to media reports.
Regional players expect to see the impact of this refinery shutdown on aromatics, particularly on benzene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?