Shell purchases land for proposed ethane cracker in US
If built, the new facility reportedly will include an ethane cracker with a capacity of 1.5 million tons/year of ethylene and three PE units with a combined production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year and will secure ethane feedstock from the nearby Marcellus and Utica shale formations.
Through the construction of the new facility, the company aims to be close to low-cost supply as well as consumption markets, which is expected to reduce transportation costs and provide regional plastic manufacturers with more flexibility, shorter supply chains and enhanced supply dependability.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount