Shell receives approval for new ethane project in US
On July 3, 2018, the company filed a petition for declaratory order to build, own, and operate a 97-mile pipeline to carry ethane in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio.
The Falcon Pipeline will also supply the first regional ethane cracker in the country’s northeast region in Monaca, Pennsylvania, an area which contains more than 70% of the North American PE market.
The output from the downstream PE plant will be transported by rail and truck to industrial facilities in Pennsylvania and other states for consumption in a wide range of plastics-related uses. The pipeline will also allow enhanced access to growing domestic production in shale reservoirs located in eastern North America.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe