Shell restarts Moerdijk cracker
Sources stated that apart from MSPO-2 (styrene monomer/propylene oxide unit-2), all other production units have come back on stream. The Moerdijk site can produce 900,000 tons/year of ethylene, 450,000 tons/year of propylene, 550,000 tons/year of benzene and 450,000 tons/year of styrene.
It was not clear as of the time of press whether or not Shell had lifted a force majeure at the site.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low