Shell restarts Moerdijk cracker
Sources stated that apart from MSPO-2 (styrene monomer/propylene oxide unit-2), all other production units have come back on stream. The Moerdijk site can produce 900,000 tons/year of ethylene, 450,000 tons/year of propylene, 550,000 tons/year of benzene and 450,000 tons/year of styrene.
It was not clear as of the time of press whether or not Shell had lifted a force majeure at the site.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?