Shell withdrawing from shale gas projects in South Africa
Shell reportedly has been waiting for six years to get an exploration license in South Africa’s Karoo Basin, which is believed to hold up to 390 trillion cubic feet of technically recoverable shale gas reserves.
Sharp decreases in crude oil prices are creating greater risks for investments in unconventional energy sources such as shale gas, as these energy sources typically require higher energy prices to ensure profitability.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record