Singapore’s exports drop 12% in October, petchems down 7%
Electronic shipments were down 6% on a monthly basis, which followed the decline of 6.6% of the previous month.
Non-electronic exports posted a sharp monthly decline of 14.6% in October following a decline of 4.2% in September. IE Singapore’s data shows that this decrease was mainly led by the drop in pharmaceuticals by 47% and in civil engineering equipment parts by 40.7% while the drop in petrochemical exports was relatively smaller at 7% in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends