Singapore’s exports drop 12% in October, petchems down 7%
Electronic shipments were down 6% on a monthly basis, which followed the decline of 6.6% of the previous month.
Non-electronic exports posted a sharp monthly decline of 14.6% in October following a decline of 4.2% in September. IE Singapore’s data shows that this decrease was mainly led by the drop in pharmaceuticals by 47% and in civil engineering equipment parts by 40.7% while the drop in petrochemical exports was relatively smaller at 7% in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect