Singapore’s exports unexpectedly increase in April
On a monthly basis, however, the country’s non oil domestic exports fell 8.7% in April. Exports to Europe rose 11.4% from a year earlier after posting a gain of 56.2% in March. However, shipments to China and the US weakened, which declined 5.1% and 8.3% year over year, respectively.
The data also showed that non-oil domestic exports of electronics decreased 3.8% year over year in April after increasing 10.4% in the previous month while pharmaceuticals rose 7.5% on the year following a 65.9% increase in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally