Singapore’s exports unexpectedly increase in April
On a monthly basis, however, the country’s non oil domestic exports fell 8.7% in April. Exports to Europe rose 11.4% from a year earlier after posting a gain of 56.2% in March. However, shipments to China and the US weakened, which declined 5.1% and 8.3% year over year, respectively.
The data also showed that non-oil domestic exports of electronics decreased 3.8% year over year in April after increasing 10.4% in the previous month while pharmaceuticals rose 7.5% on the year following a 65.9% increase in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops