Singapore’s industrial output declines in February
However, on a monthly basis, the country’s industrial output posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 4.1%, which beat economists’ initial estimates calling for an increase of 1.3%.
Among the main segments, production of biomedical products decreased 2.5% in February compared with the same month of 2014 while output in the electronics and transport engineering clusters were down 4.5% and 7.2%, respectively. Production for chemicals remained unchanged in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question