Singapore’s industrial output declines in March
In contrast to the generally declining trend in manufacturing, output in the chemicals segment grew 7.8% year over year on the back of higher output in the petroleum, specialties and petrochemicals segments.
Among other industrial segments, production of biomedical products decreased 8.5% in March compared with the same month of 2014 while output in the transport engineering sector decreased 15.6% due to lower output in aerospace, marine and offshore engineering. The fall in transport engineering was the steepest among major industrial categories.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months