Singapore’s manufacturing declines 4.4% in June
The data showed that production in chemicals segment rose 4.2% on the year in June. However, the petroleum segment decreased 5.2% in June from a year earlier. The decrease was attributed to maintenance shutdowns at some plants. In the first six months of the year, output from the chemicals cluster rose 3.5% compared with the same period of 2014.
The data also revealed that the general manufacturing industries output declined 3.3% in June on a yearly basis. This was attributed to declines in the miscellaneous industries and printing segments. Meanwhile, production in the precision engineering cluster fell 5% on the year. Production of transport engineering also dropped 17.5% from a year earlier in June, posting the largest decrease on the year among all manufacturing segments.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa