Singapore’s manufacturing falls 6.1% on the year in July
Data released by Singapore’s Economic Development Board showed that manufacturing in almost all factory clusters, except chemicals, posted declines in July. Output in the electronics segment decreased 5.8% on the year in July while biomedical manufacturing posted the biggest decrease, declining by 13.4% from a year earlier. Output in the chemicals segment, however, rose 4.4% year over year due to higher production in the specialties and petroleum segments.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November