Singapore’s manufacturing output hit more than two-year high in Nov
The output also increased by 6.1% month-on-month, beating the estimates which suggested a contraction by 2.0%, EDB showed. The monthly growth in manufacturing was the strongest since January 2016.
Data from EDB indicated that biomedical manufacturing increased by 34.8% on a yearly basis. The pharmaceutical segment grew by 36.1% while medical technology segment expanded by 30.8% year-on-year.
The data also showed that the chemical output was up by 3.5%, with the largest increase in petroleum segment by 22%.
Despite the increase in general output, the output in transport engineering and general manufacturing clusters decreased. Manufacturing activity in transport engineering decreased the most by 14.8% in November while general manufacturing industries declined by 0.9% on a yearly basis, data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets