Singapore’s manufacturing output hit more than two-year high in Nov
The output also increased by 6.1% month-on-month, beating the estimates which suggested a contraction by 2.0%, EDB showed. The monthly growth in manufacturing was the strongest since January 2016.
Data from EDB indicated that biomedical manufacturing increased by 34.8% on a yearly basis. The pharmaceutical segment grew by 36.1% while medical technology segment expanded by 30.8% year-on-year.
The data also showed that the chemical output was up by 3.5%, with the largest increase in petroleum segment by 22%.
Despite the increase in general output, the output in transport engineering and general manufacturing clusters decreased. Manufacturing activity in transport engineering decreased the most by 14.8% in November while general manufacturing industries declined by 0.9% on a yearly basis, data showed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East