Singapore’s manufacturing output rises in Oct
However, the output decreased by 0.1% on a seasonally adjusted month-on-month basis, less than the estimates which suggested a contraction by 0.9%, EDB showed.
Data from EDB indicated that biomedical manufacturing increased by 11.3% on a yearly basis. The pharmaceutical segment grew by 12.4% while medical technology segment expanded by 8.2%.
Despite the increase in general output, the output in transport engineering and general manufacturing clusters decreased. Manufacturing activity in transport engineering decreased by 26.9% in October while marine and offshore engineering declined by 46.9%, data showed.
Meanwhile, output in the general manufacturing cluster was down 22.2% in October on a yearly basis, EDB said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends