Singapore’s manufacturing output rises in Oct
However, the output decreased by 0.1% on a seasonally adjusted month-on-month basis, less than the estimates which suggested a contraction by 0.9%, EDB showed.
Data from EDB indicated that biomedical manufacturing increased by 11.3% on a yearly basis. The pharmaceutical segment grew by 12.4% while medical technology segment expanded by 8.2%.
Despite the increase in general output, the output in transport engineering and general manufacturing clusters decreased. Manufacturing activity in transport engineering decreased by 26.9% in October while marine and offshore engineering declined by 46.9%, data showed.
Meanwhile, output in the general manufacturing cluster was down 22.2% in October on a yearly basis, EDB said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian styrene prices tumble, following in footsteps of crude
- What does China’s self-sufficiency mean for global PP markets?
- Asian PVC back to pre-pandemic price league; players question the bottom
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 2022 polymer imports surpass 3 million tons
- Global oil and petchem companies announce Q2 results
- STATS: China’s H1 polymer imports lowest since 2017, exports at a record-high
- Turkey PVC markets shrink to 2-year lows, what lies ahead?
- China’s PP and PE markets shrug off Dalian surge, close July on a bearish note
- Container freight rates continue to tumble amid muted peak season
- European ABS market yields to demand plunge, higher supplies