Singapore’s manufacturing output rises in Oct
However, the output decreased by 0.1% on a seasonally adjusted month-on-month basis, less than the estimates which suggested a contraction by 0.9%, EDB showed.
Data from EDB indicated that biomedical manufacturing increased by 11.3% on a yearly basis. The pharmaceutical segment grew by 12.4% while medical technology segment expanded by 8.2%.
Despite the increase in general output, the output in transport engineering and general manufacturing clusters decreased. Manufacturing activity in transport engineering decreased by 26.9% in October while marine and offshore engineering declined by 46.9%, data showed.
Meanwhile, output in the general manufacturing cluster was down 22.2% in October on a yearly basis, EDB said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s import PP, PE markets stable after weeks of declines; is the downturn over?
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally