Singapore’s petchem exports fall in March
Meanwhile, the country’s non-oil domestic exports (NODX) surged 18.5% year over year in March after falling 9.7% in February to post the fastest pace of growth in more than three years.
The report showed that electronics exports rose 10.4% on the year in March while non-electronics exports increased 21.6% due to higher exports in pharmaceuticals, structures of ships and boats, and non-electric engines and motors. Meanwhile, the country’s non-electronic re-exports were up 4.4% in March compared with the same month of 2014 while electronic re-exports declined 0.9% from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness