Singapore’s retail sales continue to increase in Oct
Meanwhile, overall retail sales were up by 1.7% on a monthly basis. Retail sales excluding motor vehicles also rose by 1.5% in October.
The total retail sales value was reported at S$3.7 billion ($2.57 billion) in October, up from S$3.6 billion ($2.50 billion) in the same month a year earlier.
Retail sales in the motor vehicles sector rose 14.5% year over year in October, posting the largest increase among all sectors. Retail sales in supermarkets, department stores, medical goods and toiletries, petrol service stations, recreational goods, food and beverages, watches and jewellery also rose by between 0.3% and 5.6%.
Meanwhile, the largest decline was seen in sales in computer and telecommunications equipment sectors, dropping by 8.1% from the previous year. Retail sales in wearing apparel and footwear, furniture and household equipment, as well as optical goods and books were also down by between 1.8%-3.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing