Singapore’s retail sales increase 7.5% on year in January
A surge of 50.9% on the year in motor vehicle sales was cited as the main reason behind stronger retail sales. The data showed that sales of medical goods and toiletries as well as department stores also increased 16.3% and 11.9%, respectively, from a year earlier.
However, sales of telecommunications equipment and computers recorded the largest drop of any sector, declining by 30.5% on a yearly basis. Retails sales for the food and beverage services also fell on the year to reach SGD685 million ($500 million) compared with SGD689 million ($503 million) in January 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand