Singapore’s retail sales increase 7.5% on year in January
A surge of 50.9% on the year in motor vehicle sales was cited as the main reason behind stronger retail sales. The data showed that sales of medical goods and toiletries as well as department stores also increased 16.3% and 11.9%, respectively, from a year earlier.
However, sales of telecommunications equipment and computers recorded the largest drop of any sector, declining by 30.5% on a yearly basis. Retails sales for the food and beverage services also fell on the year to reach SGD685 million ($500 million) compared with SGD689 million ($503 million) in January 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports
- Turkey’s PE, PP markets close November on weak footing, eyes on Plast Eurasia
- Jan expectations take shape amid opposing factors in Asian PVC markets
- Initial Dec PE, PP offers add to bearishness in China, SEA
- PP raffia downtrend shows no signs of easing in Vietnam
- European PS, ABS markets brace for further drops in Dec