Singapore’s retail sales increase 7.5% on year in January
A surge of 50.9% on the year in motor vehicle sales was cited as the main reason behind stronger retail sales. The data showed that sales of medical goods and toiletries as well as department stores also increased 16.3% and 11.9%, respectively, from a year earlier.
However, sales of telecommunications equipment and computers recorded the largest drop of any sector, declining by 30.5% on a yearly basis. Retails sales for the food and beverage services also fell on the year to reach SGD685 million ($500 million) compared with SGD689 million ($503 million) in January 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike