Singapore’s retail sales rise 0.9% on year in June
Retail sales in the motor vehicles sector increased 17.1% year over year in June while the largest decline was seen in the telecommunications apparatus and computers sector, petrol service stations and recreational goods which posted decreases between 11.8% and 25.1%. Singapore’s retail sales of food and beverage services, optical goods and books, wearing apparel and footwear, department stores, supermarkets and watches and jewelry fell between 1.4% and 6.8% in June compared with the same month of last year. However, the total sales value of food and beverage services in June was reported at SGD646 million ($482 million), below the initial estimates, which called for SGD649 million ($484 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains