Singapore’s retail sales rise 0.9% on year in June
Retail sales in the motor vehicles sector increased 17.1% year over year in June while the largest decline was seen in the telecommunications apparatus and computers sector, petrol service stations and recreational goods which posted decreases between 11.8% and 25.1%. Singapore’s retail sales of food and beverage services, optical goods and books, wearing apparel and footwear, department stores, supermarkets and watches and jewelry fell between 1.4% and 6.8% in June compared with the same month of last year. However, the total sales value of food and beverage services in June was reported at SGD646 million ($482 million), below the initial estimates, which called for SGD649 million ($484 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East