Singapore’s retail sales rise 0.9% on year in June
Retail sales in the motor vehicles sector increased 17.1% year over year in June while the largest decline was seen in the telecommunications apparatus and computers sector, petrol service stations and recreational goods which posted decreases between 11.8% and 25.1%. Singapore’s retail sales of food and beverage services, optical goods and books, wearing apparel and footwear, department stores, supermarkets and watches and jewelry fell between 1.4% and 6.8% in June compared with the same month of last year. However, the total sales value of food and beverage services in June was reported at SGD646 million ($482 million), below the initial estimates, which called for SGD649 million ($484 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion