Singapore’s retail sales rise 4.6% on year in Sept
The data showed that supermarkets sales witnessed the second strongest performance after vehicle sales, increasing 3.9% in September from a year earlier.
However, sales in petrol service stations recorded the largest drop among all segments, declining by 22.5% from a year earlier. Retail sales for optical goods and books and food and beverage services also declined 9.9% and 2.7% on the year, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness