Singapore’s retail sales rise 4.7% on year in November
The data showed that sales of medical goods and toiletries also witnessed a strong performance, increasing 9.6% in November compared with the same month of 2014.
However, sales at petrol service stations recorded the largest drop, declining by 15.8% on the year. Retail sales for the food and beverage sector also fell 11.4% in November to reach SGD$628 million ($436 million), down from SGD$654 million in a year earlier. Sales for telecommunications apparatus and computers were also down 8.2% on the year in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia