Singapore’s retail sales rise 4.7% on year in November
The data showed that sales of medical goods and toiletries also witnessed a strong performance, increasing 9.6% in November compared with the same month of 2014.
However, sales at petrol service stations recorded the largest drop, declining by 15.8% on the year. Retail sales for the food and beverage sector also fell 11.4% in November to reach SGD$628 million ($436 million), down from SGD$654 million in a year earlier. Sales for telecommunications apparatus and computers were also down 8.2% on the year in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia