Singapore’s retail sales rise 4.7% on year in November
The data showed that sales of medical goods and toiletries also witnessed a strong performance, increasing 9.6% in November compared with the same month of 2014.
However, sales at petrol service stations recorded the largest drop, declining by 15.8% on the year. Retail sales for the food and beverage sector also fell 11.4% in November to reach SGD$628 million ($436 million), down from SGD$654 million in a year earlier. Sales for telecommunications apparatus and computers were also down 8.2% on the year in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May