Sinopec and Sibur enhance cooperation via a series of agreements
The two giant companies also signed other agreements including Sinopec’s possible participation in Sibur’s mega Amur gas chemicals complex (AGCC) in Far East Russia. Sinopec is reportedly expected to take a 40% share in the joint venture, subject to Sibur’s final investment decision.
Sinopec and Sibur also plan to work on their strategic partnership in China, Russia and other countries via joint projects. The two companies have reportedly agreed to join forces to process natural gas into petrochemicals in Russia and China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July