Sinopec starts building refinery, petchem complex in Zhanjiang
The project includes the construction of a refinery with a capacity of 10 million tons/year as well as an 800,000 tons/year ethylene complex where plastics, synthetics and rubber will be produced, the reports revealed.
A memorandum of understanding for the project had initially been signed between Sinopec and Kuwait Petroleum Company in 2009 and then the proposed joint venture had been approved by Chinese government in 2011.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes