Sinopec starts building refinery, petchem complex in Zhanjiang
The project includes the construction of a refinery with a capacity of 10 million tons/year as well as an 800,000 tons/year ethylene complex where plastics, synthetics and rubber will be produced, the reports revealed.
A memorandum of understanding for the project had initially been signed between Sinopec and Kuwait Petroleum Company in 2009 and then the proposed joint venture had been approved by Chinese government in 2011.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high