Sinopec starts building refinery, petchem complex in Zhanjiang
The project includes the construction of a refinery with a capacity of 10 million tons/year as well as an 800,000 tons/year ethylene complex where plastics, synthetics and rubber will be produced, the reports revealed.
A memorandum of understanding for the project had initially been signed between Sinopec and Kuwait Petroleum Company in 2009 and then the proposed joint venture had been approved by Chinese government in 2011.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends