Sinopec starts building refinery, petchem complex in Zhanjiang
The project includes the construction of a refinery with a capacity of 10 million tons/year as well as an 800,000 tons/year ethylene complex where plastics, synthetics and rubber will be produced, the reports revealed.
A memorandum of understanding for the project had initially been signed between Sinopec and Kuwait Petroleum Company in 2009 and then the proposed joint venture had been approved by Chinese government in 2011.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month