Slovakia's Slovnaft to invest $500 million in developing petchem units
Slovnaft’s refinery has a throughput of 124,000 barrels/day and the company’s target is to advance its non-fuel production share to 50% from 10-15% at present.
Slovnaft Chief Executive Oszkar Vilagi stated that they forecast that fuel demand will decrease by around 15% by 2030.
Vilagi also noted, "We have to be flexible, process the same amount of oil but make more products out of it such as PP, PE."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months