Slovakia's Slovnaft to invest $500 million in developing petchem units
Slovnaft’s refinery has a throughput of 124,000 barrels/day and the company’s target is to advance its non-fuel production share to 50% from 10-15% at present.
Slovnaft Chief Executive Oszkar Vilagi stated that they forecast that fuel demand will decrease by around 15% by 2030.
Vilagi also noted, "We have to be flexible, process the same amount of oil but make more products out of it such as PP, PE."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?