Slovakia's Slovnaft to invest $500 million in developing petchem units
Slovnaft’s refinery has a throughput of 124,000 barrels/day and the company’s target is to advance its non-fuel production share to 50% from 10-15% at present.
Slovnaft Chief Executive Oszkar Vilagi stated that they forecast that fuel demand will decrease by around 15% by 2030.
Vilagi also noted, "We have to be flexible, process the same amount of oil but make more products out of it such as PP, PE."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East