Slovakia's Slovnaft to invest $500 million in developing petchem units
Slovnaft’s refinery has a throughput of 124,000 barrels/day and the company’s target is to advance its non-fuel production share to 50% from 10-15% at present.
Slovnaft Chief Executive Oszkar Vilagi stated that they forecast that fuel demand will decrease by around 15% by 2030.
Vilagi also noted, "We have to be flexible, process the same amount of oil but make more products out of it such as PP, PE."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops