Small hike attemps surface in the European PE market
Initial PE prices, however, have surfaced indicating small increases in accordance with the ethylene hike this week while flat offers are also available in a few cases.
A South European producer announced increases of €15/ton on their October PE contracts in line with higher ethylene contracts after closing their September deals with rollovers from August.
A distributor in Belgium reported lifting his October prices by €20/ton from last month for locally-held Middle Eastern LDPE film and stated that his stocks are quite low for the month. Another distributor in the Netherlands, however, elected to rollover his PE prices from September for West European LDPE and locally-held Middle Eastern LLDPE and HDPE. The seller noted that his stocks are in line with last month, still a bit short for certain LDPE and LLDPE grades.
In Italy, some buyers were cautious at the end of last week as they had been anticipating decreases for October, pointing to slow demand. Meanwhile, another converter had reported that he had been projecting rollovers to small increases considering higher ethylene contracts. This week, a distributor reported giving offers for South European LDPE with increases of €10/ton in line with his supplier’s pricing strategy while he is yet to receive guidelines from his West European supplier.
A packaging producer reported receiving some initial October PE offers at stable levels from September in the spot market. The buyer was also offered import Iranian and Middle Eastern PE at competitive levels while he stated that his end product demand is slow and he is yet to place orders.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia