Solvay Indupa halts production at its PVC unit in Brazil
The shutdown followed an outage at Braskem’s ABC Petrochemical Complex in Sao Paulo on October 14, which pushed the company to halt all production at the complex. Braskem supplies ethylene as feedstock to Solvay Indupa’s Santo Andre PVC plant, which is able to produce 300,000 tons/year.
Braskem is expected to resume production at its ABC Petrochemical Complex at the beginning of November, according to market sources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?