Solvay Indupa halts production at its PVC unit in Brazil
The shutdown followed an outage at Braskem’s ABC Petrochemical Complex in Sao Paulo on October 14, which pushed the company to halt all production at the complex. Braskem supplies ethylene as feedstock to Solvay Indupa’s Santo Andre PVC plant, which is able to produce 300,000 tons/year.
Braskem is expected to resume production at its ABC Petrochemical Complex at the beginning of November, according to market sources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe