Solvay Indupa halts production at its PVC unit in Brazil
The shutdown followed an outage at Braskem’s ABC Petrochemical Complex in Sao Paulo on October 14, which pushed the company to halt all production at the complex. Braskem supplies ethylene as feedstock to Solvay Indupa’s Santo Andre PVC plant, which is able to produce 300,000 tons/year.
Braskem is expected to resume production at its ABC Petrochemical Complex at the beginning of November, according to market sources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters
- Year-end stock clearing adds to bearish PE trend in SE Asia
- Tax on plastic packaging causes jitters among Italian players
- Seasonality continues to dim November PET outlook in Europe