Solvay launches JV with INEOS, acquires 25% stake from BASF
On July 1, Solvay also announced that they acquired BASF’s 25% stake in their PVC joint venture SolVin, which had been established in 1999 as a 75-25 joint venture between Solvay and BASF. It was also reported that INOVYN will continue to provide supply of basic chemicals to BASF’s site in Antwerp, Belgium. Financial details regarding the deal were not disclosed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market extends drops on competitive US cargos, lukewarm demand
- Vietnam’s import PP raffia market hits lowest since late 2016
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays