Solvay’s net income climbs 34% y-o-y in Q2
However, the company’s sales fell by 6% on the year to €2.946 billion ($3.27 billion) in the April-June period due to foreign exchange fluctuations on conversion and low sales prices due to weak raw material and energy costs.
The company’s revenue from the performance chemicals segment was reported at €224 million ($248.8 million) in the second quarter, up 20% from a year earlier owing to strong volumes in soda ash and continued recovery in acetate tow while the company’s revenue from the functional polymers segment rose to €64 million ($71 million), up 24% on the year on the back of a higher contribution from RusVinyl.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic